The MAESTRIA consortium consists of 18 partners: 12 academic institutions with a strong focus on clinical data integration and artificial intelligence research, 5 biotech companies (SMEs) and 1 large imaging company. The consortium benefits from the close integration of academic partners and industry partners with their joint involvement in all the work packages characterised by a collaborative bidirectional sharing of expertise and data. MAESTRIA is coordinated by Prof S. HATEM a clinician-scientist with substantial experience delivering successful multi-centre collaborative research projects (FP7 EUTRAF and H2020 CATCH-ME), former coordinator of a Leduc Foundation transatlantic network of Excellence on Atrial Fibrillation and executive director of SU-ICAN, a translational research excellence centre.
MAESTRIA combines scientific, clinical, and methodological excellence in the research on cardiac diseases, genomic, metabolism, cardiac imaging pathophysiology and data science.
- Impressive track record of successful mechanistic and genetic research into AF (Sorbonne Université (SU), Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, Maastricht University (MU), Centro National de Investigationes Cardiovasculares Carlos III (CNIC), Universistatsklinikum Essen, Chancellor (ESSEN), Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford (UOXF), Massachussetts General Hospital)
- Experience in the evaluation of novel clinical concepts for AF therapy (University of Birmingham (UoB), Atrial Fibrillation NETwork)
- Cutting-edge methods in clinical imaging (SU, UOXF, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Sherbrooke)
- Methodological experts in biostatistics, bioinformatics and data sciences (SU-SCAI, UoB, MU, Owkin, Idoven, Preventicus, YourRhythmics)
- Infrastructure capable of handling and combining large data sets in compliance with all relevant European regulations (IMT-Transfert)
- Capacity to develop prototypes and transfer to the market (Siemens Healthcare)